Development environment setup
You will install and configure the CS 128 development environment on your machine; a requirement for our course. Our environment comes with the toolchain you will be expected to use. We provide:
- a sensibly configured formatter (clang-format) and linter (clang-tidy) that gets hooked into the graphical environment to enforce code formatting, while also providing real-time linting to help flag potential errors, bugs, and suspicious constructs,
- memory management and undefined behavior bug detectors, including ASan, UBSan, and Valgrind,
- common debuggers (gdb and lldb) bound to a visual debugging interface affording line-by-line visual debugging, and
Let's get started!
- Complete the CS 128 Development Environment Set-up Instructions.
- Once you have successfully installed the CS 128 development environment, compiled hello_world.cc, and ran the resultant executable -- you have satisfactorily setup your CS 128 development environment!